Troy's K-Factor column

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 09:29:35 AKST 2005

Just so the topic does not derailed. NOT talking about an electronic-only K-Factor.

Just mentioning an electronic-only-membership as an option does not nor would change anything that you get today.

Please don't cross them over.

It is conceivable in the future that you could choose to not have a paper copy and that might save money. I say might, because most likely there is a volume price point with paper publishing where below a certain number the price of production does not drop and you would only save on postage.

I am more interested in the deliver mechanism technologies than policy. The concept of sending a CD has massive potential. An extememely large number of business executives have internet services that they also have delivered on a CD. This is because they read the disc on the plane! Or said another way, when they are off-line.

Saving the whole K-factor in pdf format is OK, but you could do so much more if the pdf which equals the print version) was also supplied in word  files, jpeg's etc. You could then slot the content into folders. The Ads could be grouped together for searching. The articles could be easily key word searched. For example, find "YS DZ" and you would get all the files that you saved where it is mentioned. Try and do that by hand with a years worth of K-Factors.

And yes it's snowing...

Regards,

Eric.