Speaking of painting...Respirator tips

Tim Taylor twtaylor at ftc-i.net
Thu Jan 20 11:38:47 AKST 2005

Imron is a brand of paint ,much like  calling all tissue Kleenex,and is a polyurethane enamal based paint, so don't be fooled by paint that says something other than Imron, if it's ployurethane based. The same safety precautions apply.

"Non-Clear coated "Two-"Part" (catalyzed) enamels (epoxy or polyurethane, or acrylic urethane, and others):
Though technically considered enamels, could be considered in their own category due to their special characteristics. These are paints like IMRON, and are polyurethane enamels. They set-up (cure) fast, are very resistant to solvent damage. The down side. Very difficult to touch-up/repair (especially if metallic and/or pearl), very expensive, very toxic and, because they dry very fast, if you're not careful (and quick), you can find yourself with a gun full of hardened paint, which can get expensive at $250.00 to $500.00 a gun. "

Be safe.