Speaking of painting...Respirator tips

MKMSG at aol.com MKMSG at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 14:36:06 AKST 2005

Yes...please....can you provide information on a canister filter which is
approved for polyisocyanates.

Mike Moritko

In a message dated 1/17/05 5:18:09 PM Central Standard Time,
gfowler at raytheon.com writes:

There are canisters that will give a 100% respiratory  protection. I can go
dig up this info tomorrow if anyone wants to know. It has  to be a dual rated
cartridge, one for organic solvent one for  the  isocyanate. You cannot rely on
vendor data as their only priority is to be  able to stand up in court and
say,  "But Judge-mon, our label clearly  states that use of our product
guarantees death to the user and renders his  sperm only good for the production of
birth defects......."

Isocyanate can be absorbed through the  skin, but not nearly as acute as
breathing. Spray outside and remain up wind,  let your neighbors enjoy your hobby
also.....