Sportsman Sequence

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Mon Jan 17 11:43:38 AKST 2005

Sportsman Competitors,
In an effort to continue the theme of making the Sportsman sequence
a little longer I have tried to simplify the routine that I
submitted last week. Also there are more exits and entries to
facilitate respiratory function.
You guys are already doing almost all of these maneuvers and they
should be a piece of cake. Let me know if you think I should submit
this sequence to the committee or if I should just go away!

Sportsman

1.Take-off
C.                                               U
2.Procedure Turn                                            T.
3.Free pass
4.Exit the Box.                                                T.
5.Enter the Box.
6.Straight Flight out.
C.                                               U
7.Half Reverse Cuban                                      T.
8.Straight Flight Back.
C.                                              D
9.Exit the Box.                                                  T.
10.Enter the Box.
11.Immelman Turn.
C.                                              U
12.Split Esse.                                                     T

13.Two Inside Loops.
C.                                              U
14.Exit the Box                                                  T
15.Enter the Box.
16.One Horizontal Roll.
C.                                             D
17.Stall Turn.
18.Non-Rolling Cobra.
C.                                              U
19.Exit the Box.
20.Enter the Box.
21.Horizontal (flat) Eight.
C.                                             D
22.Half Cuban Eight.                                           T
23.Pyramid Loop.                                                 C
24.Exit the Box.
25.Landing Sequence.

(13.) Horizontal flat Eight:
         Pilot approaches center flying downwind and performs 90
degrees of a circle
away from the flightline with the completion of the 90 degrees
occuring at center,
followed by 360 degrees of a circle in the opposite direction,
followed by 270 degrees in the opposite direction completing the
maneuver at the
same heading and altitude as the entry.

(23.) Pyramid Loop:
         Pilot flies past center and pulls through a 135 degree
radius to a 45 degree up-line,
then flies a line of predetermined length and pulls through a
90degree radius to a 45
degree downline of equal length to the up line and then pulls
through another radius of 135
degrees to level flight completing the maneuver.