painting tips needed

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat Jan 15 08:11:44 AKST 2005

Ed,
 A good high quality automotive "detail" spray gun might be a good choice.
Something like a Sharp Model D (#7030). I don't know if you can still get
these, but something similar would suffice. I've sprayed all kinds of
automotive finishes with mine (single and 2 stage Urethane, lacquer, 2 stage
color / clear, etc.). I was able to get very nice finishes on musical
instruments (guitar bodies). The detail gun is nice because it gives you a
small cone / fan without a lot of over spray. Also, it uses less air (SCFM)
than the HVLP gun I would think. Don't know, I've never used one of them.
The detail gun is just a scaled down re-finish gun. Perfect for smaller
areas.
John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com