Pattern Help

Tim Taylor twtaylor at ftc-i.net
Fri Jan 14 12:01:13 AKST 2005

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Richards
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 3:38 PM
  Subject: Re: Pattern Help

   In an extreme case, the airflow traveling perpendicular could actually cause a vacuum in the pitot tube.

  There's no such thing as vacuum only lack pressure !  :) Boy you should see the fights that that comment causes on my Automotive chat room.

  Tim

  Bob R.

  Earl Haury <ehaury at houston.rr.com> wrote:
    While recently evaluating engine / prop combinations (very top secret), I noted something that looks useful regarding snaps. During both up and downline snaps the speed signal drops to zero for a period of time roughly equivalent to snap duration. It appears that possibly airflow separation from the wing includes the pitot tube. Upline snaps also show a marked decline in ascent rate during the snap.