A starting point

Lamar Blair l.blair at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 14 09:51:27 AKST 2005

We must have a starting point so contact your District VP with your thoughts and suggestions. I will convene a meeting of your Board District VP's to get ourselves organized and priorities set, establish approaches to each task, and assign responsibilities to implement them. We will get the necessary efforts coordinated, membership assistance requested and committed, and start moving towards completing them on time. Our plans will be published along with their associated schedules, so the Membership knows where we are headed. We have a group of Members on the NSRCA Discussion list that have expressed lots of good questions, thoughts, and proposed solutions in the past months. Their passion for Pattern is obvious, as they are not afraid to express themselves strongly on the various topics. I am looking forward to capturing that passion, and channeling it into help and support in resolving many of the issues brought up. At the same time we need to establish a mechanism to enable better communications with all the other Members so we can also obtain their thoughts, inputs, and assistance in moving NSRCA forward. Getting that mechanism established, and implemented will be one of my early priorities.

I also intend to establish a means immediately, to develop our input to AMA on any new sequences needed for 2007, and associated Rule changes. In parallel we will develop, and document a consistent and logical approach for development of future sequences. This will include the approach and valid/clear rationale for the design of the sequences, types and difficulty of maneuvers, structure of the sequences, pilot progression, consideration of aircraft parameters, flight testing, peer evaluation, and the processes needed to accomplish all this in support of AMA. As part of this action we will also re-visit the Annex approach, in concert with AMA, which was previously submitted. I realize all this will be a time consuming, difficult, and probably contentious undertaking. It needs to be done thoroughly and objectively, and in a manner that demonstrates comprehensively what path NSRCA recommends for the future of Pattern.

I intend to move out on the approaches expressed in my statement and answers as soon as possible. I will be calling on the Board, District VP's, and all the Membership to help refine and focus our direction.

This will be a busy year, and I am looking forward to the challenge. I promise to listen, question, learn, and then take appropriate actions to respond to the Membership and in the best interests of the NSRCA, so we can accomplish the near term tasks at hand, and clearly identify and resolve the issues before us.

It will take a coordinated action among the Board, District VP's and the NSRCA Membership to make this all happen. I will need all your support, and participation to take NSRCA forward over the next years

Lamar Blair

NSRCA 475