[SPAM] Re: Reverse av/RCU poll

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Jan 11 05:48:48 AKST 2005

Rick,
Planes have NOT gotten too light. Many have forgotten how to build. I  agree
that fixing the planes is what's needed. Taking weight and strength out of
the heart and soul of the model is just plain dumb. There are dozens of  other
places where weight can be removed.

Arfies have filled a rather large (and getting larger all the time) void, I
am not disputing that fact. What I am suggesting is that before you plunk down
 your $$ you consider who builds these things--not modellers I would bet.
Just  folks who get an hourly wage and no more. Consider the 80-20 rule. It
certainly  applies to the work place, of any variety. Even from reputable outfits
like ZN  and PL. As Mssr Lemonier so aptly stated, and I paraphrase,
"...finding good  help is hard...". AMEN brother Patrick

MattK

Rick Wallace wrote:

- If the  planes can’t do the maneuvers, maybe it’s because they’ve gotten
too light.  <gasp> Or we’ve temporarily forgotten how to build a plane to do
what  it’s called on to do.
BUT… -  If the current planes can’t do the maneuver (and I’m not convinced
that’s an  issue), the fix shouldn’t be to dumb down the maneuvers, it should
be to fix  the planes. There’s room in the 11# weight limit, and techniques
aplenty to do  just that. Even for ARF wings.