Reverse av/RCU poll

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Mon Jan 10 12:17:01 AKST 2005

Todd,

The ARF thing is certainly a buyer be ware.  I always get a queasy feeling
when I don't know how it was put together.  That dead engine scenario can be
painted in about any down line event of a schedule.  Most likely in a spin
to inverted like in advance.   I have practiced the rev. avalanche many
times myself and don't think it is any harder on my plane then the 45 down
snap other then it is a power hungry maneuver to finish.    Perhaps guys are
entering the maneuver with some (maybe too much) speed to keep the energy up
and its creating issues and or the wing tube is not set properly in a load
carrying rib that reaches to the leading edge.   I have seen some  FAI snaps
at what I though were wing tube shattering speeds that were much faster then
the rev avalanche.

Maybe some of the FAI guys could chime in here.

Looking forward to moving up.......next year :-).

WG