Not pattern exactly, but..... was Re: Technology and Paticipation

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 06:45:42 AKST 2005

One of my fellow club members, Georgio Azallin, is working on about 20
Electric World records of various types, and altitude is one of them. I saw his
"real time" telemetry data on his computer just yesterday. Direct dowload from
his model to the lap top. At this altitude, he has to fly the model via video
and he has a set of goggles he uses for that purpose. Cool as h..l. I can't
say  how high his went, but it was pretty high.

Geo said his model went into a spin at a height of..... (I can't say),  and
it lost about 1 mile of altitude before re-gaining control.  After the final
altitude was reached, and he stopped the motor, it took 45  minutes to get it
back down.

His takoff weight limit is indeed 5 kg, by FAI regs.

MattK

In a message dated 1/10/2005 8:59:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,