Technology and Paticipation

MKMSG at aol.com MKMSG at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 12:43:03 AKST 2005

I agree withTroy's assessment regarding what I call a "tug of war" between
technology and rules.  A change in one always seems to beg questions  regarding
changes in the other.  I'm not sure what the best answer is  regarding
aircraft weight vs power type.  Just my gut feel though.....it  seems a bit more
fair to establish a weight, whether it's 11 lbs or something  else, and apply it
equally across the board regardless of whether one is flying  glow, gas or
electric.  To me that would mean weighing the model  complete....ready to fly.
This establishes a common playing field for any  type of power.  Here's the
weight.....select anything you want to power  your model, but just make sure when
you take off, it doesn't exceed the maximum  allowable amount.  I'm really
not too concerned about it, as I know for a  fact that my Partner will be under
11 lbs. ready to fly.  Others have  already done it.  I'm not so sure
regarding my Symphony as the fuselage is  starting out about 5 oz heavier than the
Partner.  I'm going to give it my  best shot but I think it will be close.

Mike Moritko