* del klipped * AMA MASTER'S unknown?

Del Rykert drykert at localnet.com
Sun Jan 9 05:48:41 AKST 2005

I also agree with Gene and Deans assessment.  If we are genuine in our claim to stimulate pattern then we have to restore some of what has been lost in our purist of building FAI dreams. When common pattern ships could be found in Tower's  LHS's and at local flying field being flown by sport fliers it was very easy for someone to explore pattern with a plane they already have in their stable. If they see that many others are flying similar planes to what they have exposure to then they feel it isn't a specialty sport for the high brow. All other efforts to change schedules to continue to increase the complexity factor only continue to improve the skills of those that can or chose to participate. Realize I am going back to a time when attendance was in excess of 60 and 70 at local meets. Now we are hard pressed to find one contest locally that breaks 25.  Hmmm...

                             del
               NSRCA - 473