2005 Masters maneuver #4 - Warning

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Fri Jan 7 19:33:04 AKST 2005

Matt,
        The primary suggestion is for pilots to check their equipment on a regular basis because repeated flying could be causing accumulated stress.

Sure it does not matter if you have a plane that never has the problem.

BUT, it does matter if you have a plane that shows the symptoms that were reported and what I also experienced.

Of course if you bust a wing it's too late to do the above.

Not everyone has the maneuver nailed nor do they have planes that slow down on the way to the snap.

I can't take the position that "they" are not flying it correctly, nor can I assume that all the planes are as good as yours.

Better checked than sorry.

Regards,

Eric.

P.S.

Q. Maybe I am thick and don't get it. WHAT IS IT with this maneuver??
A. The plane is already pulling some positive G's at the bottom of the loop and then you add more G's by putting in a lot of elevator to get a good break for the snap. (ref. all of the previous debate about showing a good break)