Kits - was PL Prod

Todd Schmidt tschmidt at classicnet.net
Fri Jan 7 14:33:23 AKST 2005

Buddy,
I know how you feel. Seeing the PL planes is when I was introduced to "Wide Body" designs.  I thought they were so cool, but the price tag was out of reach for me, so I decided to design a Wide Body plane I named the Defiant. PL's website offered a lot of information and pictures of how their planes were made which helped me a bunch.
It's a lot of work building plugs, molds, and finally producing parts, but the feeling of achievement is a great one, especially when your design allows you to do well in pattern. Of coarse, the huge benefit is when you need parts (or whole plane kit), having them available at your leisure.

When I'm tired of my current design, I'll do another.  Building a good plane is the "hobby" of our sport!

Todd Schmidt