AMA MASTER'S unknown?

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 12:27:06 AKST 2005

There you go, Precision Aerobatics at its finest. Sometimes the good ol'
days were just plain bad, and never to be heard from again.

In a message dated 1/7/2005 3:34:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vanputte at cox.net writes:

On Jan  7, 2005, at 2:14 PM, Earl Haury wrote:

> Hmmm - actually the old  D-Novice flew FAI schedules (similar to
> Masters) and D-Expert flew  the same schedules but was the F3A class of
> the day. Interestingly,  C-Novice and C-Expert were parallel AMA
> classes - but were rarely  flown due to the touch & go in the
> schedules. F3A was the  "favorite" schedule back then - same story -
> different preferences.  BTW, the B class (similar to advanced) got to
> do the touch & go -  lots of fun with retracts and wood props.

Ah yes, I remember it  well.  As I recall, the Touch and Go was the
first maneuver after  Takeoff and was often the last maneuver, when it
became a Touch and Stay,  after the prop hit the runway and/or the
retracts failed.

Ron Van  Putte