PL Products

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Jan 7 05:43:57 AKST 2005

Along those same lines....

I remember flying at the '95 Nats, and a discussion started with a (well known) FAI flyer that was using a Goldberg plastic spinner. Several of us commented that we would never use one of those spinners because we had seen too many of them fly apart on sport planes, much less hold up to the torque of a 1.20. This guy (who had financial interest in Goldberg) claimed he NEVER had a problem with one coming apart. He just liked the P51 look of the spinner, and it had NOTHING to do with the well known fact he had financial interests in Goldberg.

The very next flight, the spinner exploded shortly after the wheels left the ground. Flight zeroed.

IMHO, if you want to know what is the best equipment to use, ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS TO PAY FOR IT WITH THEIR OWN MONEY!

Bob Richards.

Mike Hester <kerlock at comcast.net> wrote:

Nobody is perfect, but a few people go to great lengths to ignore and dismiss problems. I dunno, it sucks, but I think when you have a problem and are told nothing is wrong or it's your fault, something is obviously amiss. Then to hear you aren't alone, well that does change things.

-Mike