adding interest and complexity to Sportsman ... again and again and

Paul Horan phoran at vvm.com
Fri Jan 7 04:50:00 AKST 2005

I agree with Keith on the difficulty level.  Sportsman is meant to be an entry level class and all kinds of planes and skill levels exist.
>From what I have seen, about 1/3 or so of the new Sportsman pilots have a rough time keeping heading parallel to the runway.
To keep them interested it is critical that they can complete the sequence.
For that first contest it takes some determination to flying in front of the judges and everyone else - to badly mess up when you feel
that everyone is watching can take a lot out of the experience.