AMA MASTER'S unknown?

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 15:33:34 AKST 2005

You know, first off I have to say that I love the idea of an unknown sequence. I think if done properly, it could really be a fun and neat thing.

On the other tangent, I know exactly what you mean about callers Bob. I've been fortunate to have some great callers in my time, one in particular (who I'm betting wouldn't want me to call his name right now ;)

That being said, last September I had my caller....get this....forget they were calling for me. He put the plane down, I took off, and waited for him to step up and call the first manuever......nothing......I entered the box....one...two...three manuevers later....still silent. I ended up calling the sequence myself. Talk about a curve ball! Oddly enough, I scored better that round than any other. It was either because I was more focused, or because the judges took pity, I really couldn't say....but it was wierd.

I do like the idea of an unknown, but there are obviously a lot of issues to work out between where we are and actually doing it. I'm not sure enough of "us" really like the idea at all, I just find it fun and challenging. But I'm not sure about it being in the Nats finals just yet. So I guess I'm on the fence on this one.

-Mike