Temperatures acceptable for equipment while flying.....?

Ted Sander tedsander at comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 15:05:34 AKST 2005

Just don't get all crafty as I did one year.  -10F, windchill of -20F.
Concerned about battery life at the New Years Freeze Fly.  Bought those
little packets of chemical hand warmers used to keep your fingers and toes
warm.  Stuffed them inside the plane around the battery, and inside the
transmitter battery compartment.  No, not what you think, they don't get
that hot..

But they do contain iron filings as part of the heat giving mix.  Found out
that that is not a good thing to stuff your radio with.seems to bother the
tuning just a little...

Ted Sander

(balmy Minnesota)