Temperatures acceptable for equipment while flying.....?

randy10926 at comcast.net randy10926 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 05:52:28 AKST 2005

Wonder how well a frozen battery works?  Man that's cold Karl - I would keep inside also, maybe until June.

Randy - getting too long for the cold

Chris,

Extreme cold and ultra violet rays will make most plastics more brittle.
You will not get as much power out of your batteries as would in warmer
weather.
In the years when we were running the .60 size engines we would use
Lighter Fluid to get the engines started.
Now I just don't go out any more in the cold weather. It does not get as cold
around here (Toronto.Ontario) as it does out west. They were having -35 Cº
with a wind chill  to - 45 Cº.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
You wont stay outside longer than you have too at these temps.

Karl G. Mueller
kgamueller at rogers.com