Sequence Changes

Michael Laggis fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Tue Jan 4 11:03:59 AKST 2005

This is coming from a newbie.  I'm not to start anything but why would we
need to make changes to the 401 through 403 sequences?  They are not
destination classes.  This year I should have all the disciplines in 402
down.  I will then move on to 403 and learn those disciplines and so on
until I am flying FAI.  I for one don't believe that changing the sequences
every year or two is going to do anything for increasing the number of
pattern flyers or advance anyone's flying.  How does someone that is in 402
get board with the sequence?  Do they have all aspects mastered? If not,
changing the sequence is not going to help you.   If so move up to the next
class and challenge yourself .

Once again changing sequences isn't going to increase the popularity of
Pattern.  Pattern flying does not have the wow factor for the majority of
people flying RC to attract the number of new pilots that IMAC and 3D does.
People that are attracted to pattern flying are a unique breed.  Most flyers
will find perfecting each and every aspect of a maneuver boring. The only
thing we as a group and keep pattern flying going is to be ambassadors at
our local fields.  Take someone under your wing.  If they are a part of the
unique breed that loves pattern they will be hooked.  If not then they are
going to pursue other aspects of the hobby.  If we were to actually do this
pattern would be self sustaining

Michael Laggis
NSRCA 3816