Weight Issues

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Mon Feb 28 12:21:13 AKST 2005

The point was(is) the electrics are measured with ALL the energy producing
elements contained, whereas the liquid fueled units are not(including air at
standard pressure).  If you are going to make an exception to FAI
rules--which I think it is--for the fueled units to be weighed without fuel,
then it would naturally follow the electrics be weighed without batteries.
One could forward an argument that the fuel airplanes need to carry around
their own air--let's see--about 44cu. ft. ought to do it by some very quick
calcs.for a 10 min. flight at 60% ave. throttle--that bottle and controls
wouldn't weigh all that much....

Again, wouldn't this just be a clarification of an existing exception?

Richard