Weight limit discussion

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sat Feb 26 10:19:02 AKST 2005

I am still failing to see how widening the pool of available designs,
the use of which are optional, is going to add to the expense, when
these airplanes are of less expense.  Nobody of any knowledge is going
to opt for a heavier airplane if they can afford to buy a lighter
airplane, true.  If availability of the better airplane alone is the
only consideration, then I can certainly see how it could become a money
race.  (sound familiar?)  But, the state of the art equipment belongs,
and is a must-have, as I see it, only in the upper classes.  And, even
with some top of the line stuff in the hands of a lesser flyer, I
believe we'll find the more practiced person will always have the
advantage.  We've all seen that again and again.
Does anyone notice the differentiation here between the handful of
extremely top-notch flyers, and the (by far) majority of us?