Weight limit discussion

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Fri Feb 25 15:39:21 AKST 2005

I think he was being facetious Buddy.

WG

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: BUDDYonRC at aol.com
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 6:29 PM
  Subject: Re: Weight limit discussion

  In a message dated 2/25/2005 6:13:19 PM Central Standard Time, tbrox at cox.net writes:
    One must remember history to help here. Has any past changes ever brought the cost of pattern down? I believe it has always made it more expensive such as what happened with engine displacement.
           I am envisioning a new pattern plane for the new weight.
    It will be a monoplane, 78" ws, 78" length, fuse height 18", fuse width 10", wing root 25", wing tip15", 15degree sweep at the quarter chord, 12% airfoil making the wing root 3" thick, stab 28" and nearly 2" thick.
           I hope it doesnt look exagerated, but I would be afraid this would be the trend. Obviously I dont know to what extent the poor flying quality of this kind of design would be, but who knows what could happen.
           Classic case of opening one door into a room full of doors.
  Terry
  You know more about pattern design than that. The engine required to pull that monster will surely weigh in at four pounds add gear, radio exhaust system for another four pounds and covering or paint of a half pound that means the airframe will have to be three and a half pounds. you better start looking for weightless balsa. Be sure to install giant control surfaces so you will be able to use it as a fun fly and all your effort wont be wasted
  Buddy