Weight limit discussion

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 13:12:46 AKST 2005

In a message dated 2/25/2005 3:46:35 PM Central Standard Time,
DaveL322 at comcast.net writes:

Buddy,

Point one - if the average weight of the top models now is 9.75 lbs (I  think
pretty accurate), and the average weight of the "average" model is 10.75
lbs, both will have a higher average cost if the average weights shift to 10  and
12.5 lbs (which will unquestionably happen if the weight limit is  increased).

The professional, aspiring professional, and non-professional are all
influenced by the top F3A flyers and the top Masters flyers  (albeit it to a lesser
extent).  The top F3A flyers drive much of  the airplane and product
design/manufacturing.  You can not remove  the influence of the top F3A flyers on the
whole of pattern, and the majority  of flyers will emulate the top flyers.

The top competitors will push the envelope and the masses will  follow.  It
has always been that way, and it always will be - the nature  of competition
does not change, nor does the nature of a competitive human or  a human striving
for perfection.

Dave