Weight limit discussion

steven maxwell patternrules at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 25 07:35:49 AKST 2005

 If your tring to get more people involved by raising the weight, I think
it's the wrong way to go about it., look at history in the 70's it was 60
size engines like SPA there were huge turnouts for pattern, no noise rules
everyone used mufflers and could easily built kits. So with that taken into
reason today make Sportsman use only 40 size planes no noise rule,
Intermidate 60 size with no noise rule, and advanced 90 size with no noise
rule but all have to be muffled as average club planes, then Masters at the
current rules by that time they will be able to build to meet all rules as
they are.
 Steve Maxwell