Weight limit discussion

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Feb 25 07:15:12 AKST 2005

So Buddy...I HAVE to ask again... If the "Average" competitor that
you're referring to ISN"T following in Chip's/Jason's/Sean's (and of
course our beloved Dave L's) footsteps...then why aren't they flying any
of the competitive, well under 11lbs airframes that exist today???   USA
Star's, El Nino's, Desires, Arch Nem, SL-1, and on and on.

Dave's argument is simply that the ONLY reason people are struggling
with 11lbs...is because they're trying to build the same giant body
ships that the top guys fly.  That will STILL be the case..except if you
give them another lb to work with...those top guys will just build that
much bigger of a ship that people will still want...and still can't
build to make weight.

So my question is simply...why aren't people flying the lighter designed
2M airframes?

-Mark