Weight rules discussion ( my opinion)

ronclark51 at comcast.net ronclark51 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 24 15:19:37 AKST 2005

Nothing flies better than a 9.75 lb  2 meter pattern plane. The issues are not cost, weight, or size in pattern. The real issue is time. The time required to build, maintain, and especially the time to practice. When I was flying pattern (just a few years ago), I spent 12-16 hours a week practicing. I also found, the older I got, the more practice I needed to maintain my skills. It finally became more time than I was willing to give. It's allot more fun to spend my time with my granddaughter.
The schedule difficulty and competition drive practice. IMHO the best solution to more pattern participation is easier schedules, especially in the lower classes.

Former Pattern Pilot.........Ron Clark