Pattern memory

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Feb 24 12:10:41 AKST 2005

Dean,

ROFL!!  I have a picture of that somewhere!

It is funny you mention that bike. I still have it, in fact I just bought new tires for it since the old ones had dry rotted. I also have a bigger umbrella. :-)  Maybe I will be able to tack upwind now.

'Till we sail again
Arrrrrrrrrgh

Dean Pappas <d.pappas at kodeos.com> wrote:
Well, Bob ...
Let me tell you what I remember!
It was a dark and stormy contest. The winds whipped out of the SouthWest, and the clouds were a portent of imminent disaster.
There on the windward horizon appeared a pirate ship: evil black flag flying in the wind, and racing toward us, menacingly.
I was seated with the other magistrate, the Honorable Steve Stricker ... we were witness to the awful spectacle.

What really happened? You, Bob, were on a fold-up bicycle, with a black umbrella for a sail, doing about 25 MPH without pedaling.
I think Steve and I scored you generously for your Straight Flight Out.

still grinning
        Dean

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer