A "How To"

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat Feb 19 22:01:09 AKST 2005

Yeah, that's what you normally do to create a half-arsed shield of sorts.
Believe me, I know ALL about CAT-5 cable (or at least all I'd like to know).
My day job is at a company that designs and builds products that send video
(RGB or composite) down CAT-5. We can do it up to 1500' and it looks GOOD.
It's all done in the analog domain. This isn't trivial. I'm in charge of the
digital stuff for moving data on the last pair and this isn't easy either,
especially when the cable runs get long. If you ever look at the signals
coming out the "other" end of CAT-5 cable, you'd probably be as paranoid as
I am.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com

---