Chemical Q

Andre Bouchard akfai at gci.net
Fri Feb 18 22:27:44 AKST 2005

I use a PPG product for model fuel residue removal (as well as paint prep.).
It is DX 330, which is "wax and grease remover".  It contains naptha, naptha
variants, some other paraffinic hydrocarbons, and a bit of toluene.
Although it contains toluene, it does not harm plastic.  This is great
stuff.  It comes in quarts and gallons.  I keep a gallon around, using it
also to remove road tar from my car.  I speculate it is no more hazzardous
than mineral spirits, but like any hydrocarbon-based product, you should
avoid contact with skin, prolonged breathing of vapors, and keep away from a
heat source.......

Andre'