Chemical Q

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Fri Feb 18 11:37:09 AKST 2005

--On Friday, February 18, 2005 3:08 PM -0500 Grow Pattern <pattern4u at comcast.net> wrote:

>I might add that you don't know how fortunate you are
>over here, to be able to just go to a hardware store
>and buy a gallon of, Denatured Alcohol or Acetone or
>whatever..  Much harder in other lands...

A Muslim nuclear scientist from our club bought a few
quarts of hydrochloric acid from an auto parts store
to do some home anodizing.  The FBI was at his door
later that evening.  He laughs about it now.  He
was wearing a T-shirt with a nuclear symbol on it.
The agents apparently enjoyed the tour of his hobby
shop.

					Marty