4-40 or 6-32 control arms?

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 15 10:11:13 AKST 2005

My personal experience and observations are that a hardened, 6-32 socket head screw don't last long on an aileron. A cheap, 6-32 stove bolt (threads all the way to the head)(about $2 box) from the hardware store USUALLY lasts a very long time.

I don't ever expect to grasp how either one of them gets broken by that wimpy little balsa flag we refer to as an aileron.
John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US