4-40 or 6-32 control arms?

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 08:09:58 AKST 2005

Ive been using all thread rods from hardware store.
It's my understanding those are less likely to break than bolts.
No problems with older 1.20 YS bird or current OS 1.40.

Ron Lockhart

Which brings up a good point here.

Do you use steel bolts or stainless steel bolts.
Stainless is a softer material and would it be prone to breaking easier?
Or is the harder steel bolt more likely to snap under vibrating conditions?

Wayne G.