Curious About Mid Air Collidions

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Mon Feb 14 07:02:20 AKST 2005

Gray Fowler and Paul Villarubea midaired wing to wing.   Fowler did that exact same thing at the Dallas contest last year...AND landed it perfectly on the runway.  It was slowly rolling and going a way from him and towards the ground at what seemed like full throttle and his caller said knife edge it.   Got the heavy wing down and stabilized it and then rolled it upright with mucho rudder and opposite aileron.   Was a sight to see.  Paul Villarubea wing was nearly broken in half and had he put any neg G' on it at all it would have snapped and he made a near perfect landing also.

W.G.