Curious About Mid Air Collidions

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Sun Feb 13 20:21:11 AKST 2005

Ya, I was judging that round. Nothing sucks worse than a mid air, but they happen occasionally. Thankfully we couldn't say they are common. I remember sitting there in shock myself, not really knowing what to say. Airplane shrapnel was raining everywhere. The only one I've ever seen that was worse was Emory Schroeter and Mike Hare. Spinner to spinner, THAT was a devastating impact.

On the bright side, it WAS a nice pull =) Nice and round, centered, and right over the markers. Looked like a 10 in the making. I felt sick about the mishap, for both you and Tony. But they all have expiration dates, too bad you can't read them =/

Welp, burn some fuel, Ocala awaits! (You are going aren't you?) You have definitely perservered (sp? whatever) over last season so you're hooked now. If I can help ya out in any way, just drop me a line, I'm not far away.

-Mike