Questions : Webra 145 R + pump

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 20:07:28 AKST 2005

Paul,
Glad you finally obtained the setup you were searching for.  I'm sure you'll
get a ton of replies but here are some recommendations:
1. the engine is a squared verison of the 120LS and seems to run best when
propped to run over 8000 rpm
2. this is one 2 stroke that seems to benefit from higher nitro than most.
Use 15 or 20%.  When I was running these engines hard we used the local
Ritches Brew pylon 15 or 20%.  Never had a problem with it and its cheaper
because its made in state.  This recommendation may draw other comments, but
that's my experience.
3. Webras have, for me, burned up bearings faster than any other engine I've
owned.  If it has the steel sleeve, this may contribute because the blueing
doens't last (or didn't) and began to slightly rust.  I always used after
run, but my evolved knowledge would add starting and running the engine on
FAI fuel (no nitro) at the end of the day.  I could make a whole post on
why.
4. Only adjust the pump if you need to.  Some general recommendations on
pump setting can be gleaned from the 2 stroke setup procedure I posted on
www.aeroslave.com under the Mintor engines section.
5. I don't remember the factory low/high needle settings, but like
supertigres you can look in the barrel and make sure the needle and low end
adjustment are set so the needle and outer tube meet in the center of the
barrel.  Hopefullly if the engine hasnt' been run, you don't need to mess
with this.
6. Steel sleeve and ring require a long and rich break in.  Like 3 gallons
in my experience, but I know lots of people go fly after 3 tanks.
--Lance