Battery Charge Box

Jerry Stebbins JAStebbins at worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 11 12:01:12 AKST 2005

I took some info I collected and put together a couple boxes this Christmas. They seem to work pretty well, and can be as sophisticated as you want.
I bought old Ammo boxeswith hinged/removable lids
Put two banana jacks on one end
Put a terminal strip inside -6block-Radio Shack
Put in small plastic box -Radio Shack
Made up short #16 leads for four types of connectors plus a set of banana jacks ( 1-universal for Rxs.,3 Electric battery connectors )
Put grommets in box top, and Banana jacks and ran wires in to connect to terminals-
Put top on plastic box and you are done
Then
Made up two sand bags for bottom of box
 Each one out of double bags
 Filled inner one with dry sand--wound up about 2 in. thick
 Charge with lid on
  If they do go off ===plastic melts-- batteries in sand--absorbs heat-slows down rate -tight lid sorta smothers fire, at least slows it down. Ammo box heavy enuff to contain most sizes we use.
We store the charged batteries in the same box
Jerry
will take some pics and post them later