Notes to Self 3

Tim Taylor twtaylor at ftc-i.net
Wed Feb 9 08:49:02 AKST 2005

LOL  !!!!!!!!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Richards
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 12:29 PM
  Subject: Re: Notes to Self 3

  For the life of me I can't figure out why the radio designers would let ANYONE be able to program in the wrong expo. Can anyone think of a situation where you would want MORE sensitivity around neutral??? If so, then they should put an extra prompt in case you have (what should be) the wrong polarity expo entered - "Are you sure??".  Come to think of it, I think my Ace Micropro did that.

  I do a LOT of bench checking after changing settings on my radio.  I do what the radio designers SHOULD do -- ASSUME I AM AN IDIOT.

  (no comments from Timmy T :-)

  Bob R.

  Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:
    I had a similar situation when I was helping a novice trim out his
    airplane. After I flew a trim flight for him, I told him he needed 50
    - 60% exponential on elevator and aileron. I asked him if he knew how
    to do that and he said that he did. The airplane was a handful on the
    subsequent flight, because he put in the wrong expo!

    Ron Van Putte