*SPAM* Re: Rules Survey

Ken Thompson III mrandmrst at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 15:42:10 AKST 2005

Gray,
I'm behind you on this one.  No answer that I've heard, against raising the weight limit, makes a bit of sense to me.  I know that I'm a newbie, however, common sense still plays a major part in my theoretical revelations.( What do you think about that term?)  The only reason I have heard against the limit change was that "someone with enough money could make the weight limit change work in their favor, making all of us chase them, again."  Are you kidding me?  Those with the money are already doing that.  To have a competitive plane for the upper end of Masters or FAI it already costs somewhere between 4 and 6 grand, and that's probably conservative.  The main group of Pattern fliers are going to keep their planes as light as possible.  A half pound of extra weight isn't going to make the plane less safe, only fly heavier.  So what!

Ken Thompson
NSRCA 3646