ail control setup

twortkoetter twortkoetter at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 14:56:49 AKST 2005

I just received my Jan K-factor yesterday, great timing since I am re-doing
my ail control setup.  I was one of the ones that have my dual rates at 40%
low and 50% high so I certainly found Troy's article interesting.  This will
be my second year flying intermediate and I sure have a lot to learn,
especially when it comes to airplane setup not to mention flying... but
that's all part of the fun.

Now to the question, which way should I mount the servos, should the control
arm face the leading edge or the trailing edge?  I had it set up with the
servos facing the trailing edge to make the linkage the shortest possible
but I am going to go from 2-56 music wire to c.f. rods and don't know if the
distance to small.  I could flip the servos and have more room but should I
keep the linkages as short as possible or is it not as important due to the
stiffness of the c.f.

I am also having a hard time picturing what Troy was saying about the
tangent line when it comes to attaching to the servo, could someone explain
it in lay mans terms?

Thanks,
Tim Wortkoetter