MK Dual Elavator Bellcrank & Pushrod?

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 10:39:10 AKST 2005

Brian, I didn't realize that some outer tubes were different plastic that
PTFE Teflon. Carbon fiber normally has a low coefficent of friction,  however,
the binder material is usually a vinyl ester  which has high  cof.  When that
comes in contact with most common plastics like nylon for  example, friction
can get too much for our purposes.

Best outer sheath material is PTFE (teflon), bar none. PTFE has the lowest
CoF of any plastic. Only way to make it better is to extrude teflon with ridges
 in the ID, reducing the contact area (sort of reverse nyrod).

BTW, Hobby Lobby sells steel threaded couplers (not the more common brass  we
see from others) that will work great with this size carbon rod. Slip the rod
 in place and Epoxy it in.

Matt