any merit in running dual battery packs ?

J.Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Thu Feb 3 16:47:43 AKST 2005

Hi Dean,
This could be a problem if the current and voltage drop were both high.  In practice the battery voltage drops if you pull high currents so you don't see a 3 volt drop.  The thing that can cause a problem is dual servos on a surface fighting each other and tail rotor servos in helicopters.  I have not seen a problem in pattern planes  but a heat sink would help if you had a problem.
Jim