Good Guys list...

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Feb 2 12:04:43 AKST 2005

On Feb 2, 2005, at 2:37 PM, DaveL322 at comcast.net wrote:

> Definitely Tru-Turn.  And APC.
>
> I'm sure a couple on this list remember when Bob Obenberger (Mr.
> Tru-Turn) showed up at the NATs one year with a station wagon filled
> with sample spinners.  He was shocked when they were all gone within
> days - we were shocked such a nice product existed!!!  The bulk of the
> Tru-Turn line was developed to fill the needs of competition
> modelers.  Great stuff.

I remember that Nats.  I think it was 1985 in Lake Charles.  Bob gave
me one of the spinners and I put it on my airplane immediately.  I
liked it so much that I reported on it in the Nats column I wrote for
Model Aviation.  Bob still won't cash any of the checks I write for Tru
Turn spinners for my personal use.

Ron Van Putte