No fixed tips/ tip shape?

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Feb 2 07:58:44 AKST 2005

Maybe what we need are fiberglass molded tips! Worth the trouble? Probably not.

Bob R.

Rcmaster199 at aol.com wrote:
Terry this is another area that makes no difference as far as I can tell.

Used to spend days carving the tip blocks and hollowing then down to the gnats eyelash, getting them perfect, then the instant a cross gust would tilt my wing on a landing approach and I'd scrape the tip, instant assymetry. Balsa would ge damaged significantly and I would have to repair

About 3 years I started gluing a simple flat plate made of lite ply to serve as wing tip and have been doing that since, it worked that well for me. The inevitable runway scrape, doesn't do anywhere near the damage, so its a win both ways. Lightweight too

MattK