[NSRCA-discussion] Nose Ring

jivey61 at bellsouth.net jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 22 07:05:48 AKST 2005

But Dean!
My learning of this, was that, the torsional forces are absorbed by the main mount,whatever configuration and the nose ring is used to keep the crankshaft from wobbling up-dn,left-right.It seems that a tight nose ring transfers  more of the bang to the fuse and creates more noise.  I guess some mounts need  help with the torsional forces by tightening the nose ring.
Was I sleeping in class?

Jim Ivey