[NSRCA-discussion] El Nino canopy

Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Mon Dec 19 19:05:16 AKST 2005

I've seen the canopy used as the mold for PVA & wax, with excellent results.
Paint on top of the pva/wax and then lay up directly onto the paint/wax/pva.
The paint will incorporate into the glass for a shine that's beautiful. And
amazingly enough for about 1/2-2/3 the weight of the original.
I did this once BUT rushed to pop it out and didn't let it cure - got
pinholes.
I saw Larry Mercer do several that were perfect.
Of Course you DO have to get to the underside of the canopy to do this  :-))
Eddie