[NSRCA-discussion] Masking

Dick Smith flyrrs at cfw.com
Sun Dec 18 13:05:06 AKST 2005

Nat,

I have used (and still do) the 'older' KHP tapes (still have some), T-H's 'E-Mask', and 3M's 'Fine Line' tapes. Without measuring, the KHP tape seems the thinnest, followed by T-H's and 3M's, which are about the same. 3M tape is available in width's down to 1/16", whereas the narrowest for KHP and T-H is 1/8".

For 1/8" the wide tapes, I found all three to work well around curves, but around very tight radii KHP and T-H seem easier to apply and stay down. However, for masking long straight lines, I find 3M works best; it is easier to keep the tape straight as it less likely to deform when being applied. All three give good clean lines and are great to work with.

Wonder if this has been your experience.

-Dick