Excess Aileron sensitivity around neutral

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Mon Dec 5 17:40:44 AKST 2005

It looks like 15 or 18 degrees could be just too much.  I would try to go below 12 degrees for the high rate.  In other worlds, I will reduce the rates as much as practical keeping the D/R as close as possible to 100% for the DR that you use for normal fly.  (What is your DR values now?)  In any case getting better mechanical advantage is easier to do and looks like have been the most common recommendation..

Vicente

Eric, Regarding mechanical advantage, The radius on the servo arm is 15 mm, the aileron control horn is 25 mm.  The battery shows 5.2 volts under load.

Jim Ivey,  Aileron deflections are 15 degrees low rate 18 degrees high rate.

Del and Amir, The trailing edge of the ailerons is sharply rounded.  The TE is 1/8 " width at the end and has a 1/16" radius.

Thanks,
Paul