dz questions

adriancwong at earthlink.net adriancwong at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 31 07:45:03 AKDT 2005

Ed,

I'm using the same set up, 16.5x12w, Magnum DZ fuel.

Assuming you have checked everything else, plug's good, correct valve clearance. How many flights on the engine, have you look inside the header? Magnum have had some issue with their DZ fuel with carbon build up. Hatori corrugated header has a very small opening. As soon as carbon started to service, it will clog up the the header after about 25 to 30 flights, to the point you will lose rpm once engine is warmed. The heavy smoke trail is due to the low viscosity, heavy percentage oil content.

Try using the NMP header, it has a larger opening, you should be able to tell the difference. Also, Buzz is aware of the issue, I am getting some replacement fuel from him, and will be able to test it soon.

Hope this helps,

Adrian